What you need:
A stocking cap
Colored felt squares
Stuffing material (optional)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
A big person to help!
What you do:
1) Fold the felt squares in half and cut along the fold. Then fold one of the halves in half the other way like a card and cut it along the fold too. You only need ¼ of the sheet for each spike unless you want them to be taller.
2) Wrap one side edge of the felt around itself to make a cone shape and hot glue the edges. This is good for little hands who want to fold the cones. Just have tape handy so the shape can be held until the big person can glue it. Make sure to glue the entire seam from point to open end.
3) Round the bottom corners of each cone.
4) Hot glue the cones down the center of the stocking cap. This is a great place for little hands to get involved by choosing the order (you can practice rainbow order too) and holding the cones for the big person.
5) Let glue cool and dry and then enjoy your hat!
Bart decided he would be a Bartasaurus Rex if he ever grew real spikes. What would you call yourself?