Would you like some yummy cookies of your own? Get your big person and here’s what you do:
What you need:
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons sugar
Melted butter or margarine (Spray margarine works GREAT too)
Cookie cutter (I used a star)
What you do:
1) Have your big person preheat the oven to 350. Toaster ovens work great for this recipe too. Remember that your big person should be the one in charge of the oven and anything that is hot!
2) Use the cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the tortillas.
3) Lay the shapes side by side on the cookie sheet. It’s fine if they are touching each other you just don’t want them to be overlapped.
4) Use the basting brush to coat the shapes in a thin layer of melted butter or margarine.
5) Mix the cinnamon and sugar very well and sprinkle some over all of the shapes.
6) Flip the butter and cinnamon/sugar coated shapes over so you can coat the back the same way.
7) Now it’s time for the cookie sheet to go in the oven. Your big person needs to keep a close eye on how quickly everything cooks and flip the cookies over halfway though. Mine took about 5 minutes on each side.
8) When the cookies are nice and crispy they can come out and cool down on a wire rack for a few minutes while you fill a little bowl with applesauce to dunk them in.
Mother Dragon wanted you to know that another great dunker for these is cottage cheese. Father Dragon likes them with both cottage cheese and applesauce! What else can you think of that would taste good with them?