Have fun making one for yourself and one to give to someone special!
What you need:
One large craft stick
School glue or a glue stick
Twine or yarn
What you do:
1) Cut a pair of pants or a skirt for your scarecrow out of the construction paper.
2) Cut a shirt out of a different color of construction paper to go with the pants.
3) Cut a triangle hat out for your scarecrow to wear.
3) Glue the pants/skirt and shirt together at the waist.
4) Glue a fringe of yarn or twine to the cuffs of the pants and the bottom of the shirt sleeves. Also add a fringe of twine or yarn to the bottom edge of the hat so it looks like scarecrow hair.
5) Glue your outfit onto the craft stick leaving enough of the stick poking out of the top of the shirt to be the scarecrow’s head.
6) Glue the hat onto the top of the craft stick leaving enough room to draw a face on the craft stick between the hat and the neck of the shirt.
7) Let your scarecrow dry.
8) Draw a face on your scarecrow using your washable markers. You can also add decorations like buttons or pockets to your scarecrow’s clothes with the markers.
9) Don’t forget to give your scarecrow a name before you set him to guard your story! Fiddlebug named his Alonzo!