What you need:
Construction paper (use as many colors as you want!)
A Crayon or washable Marker
What you do:
1) Fold a piece of construction paper in half to form two short rectangles.
2) Fold one of the short rectangles so the two short edges are about 1 inch from meeting. Set it aside. This will be the card that you will glue your snowman to.
3) Fold a white piece of construction paper in half and tear 3 half circles out at its fold. The half circles should be small, medium and large so that when they are unfolded they form the head, chest and base of the snowman. (You can always reshape them after you unfold them)
4) Use the glue stick to glue your snowman together.
5) Tear the decorations for your snowman out of different colors of construction paper. You can decorate it any way you want, so get creative! It’s easiest to glue the parts on to your snowman as you tear them out so they don’t get lost.
6) Once your snowman is all decorated, use your glue stick to glue it halfway on and halfway off of the short front edge of your card. This makes the snowman the new edge of the front of the card.
7) Tear parts to make a sign next to your snowman and glue them on the front of the card too.
8) Write your short message on the snowman’s sign. You can add anything else you would like to say on the inside.
9) Once your card is dry, go deliver a smile to someone you care about by giving them your work of very thoughtful art!
Craig wanted me to be sure to say that you can say anything you want on the card – you shouldn’t wait until someone does something nice for you to let them know how you feel about them!