What you need:
One piece of red felt
One marker that will write on felt (glitter glue is a great option too!)
A great imagination!
What you do:
1) Fold the piece of red felt in half.
2) Have your big person help you draw half of a heart shape on the fold so once its cut out you will have a whole heart. You can make it as big as you want. Bigger hearts are easier to find.
3) Your big person can help you cut the heart out if you have trouble.
4) Use the marker to write your name on one side of the heart.
5) Have your big person write their name on the other side of the heart.
6) Decide who will hide the heart first and make sure the seeker doesn't peek to see where it’s hidden!
7) Once the seeker finds the heart it is their turn to hide it. Make sure you tell each other each time the heart is found so you both know whose turn it is!
As the author of Fiddlebug I wanted to add a note of my own this time. I have been playing a version of this game with my oldest son for at least 5 1/2 years. We use a little plastic snake (because I’m not fond of snakes and he thinks it’s funny to keep me looking for one) instead of a felt heart. My son is 19 now and just moved away to go to college. I made sure to hide the snake in his things. He called me laughing when he found it and promised to hide it here when he comes to visit. Now you know why I love this game so much! ~Brittney