Bart the Bat stopped by and brought me a great idea for this week’s project. Since he goes to night school and both of his parents are teachers it should be no surprise that books are important in Bart’s world. Bart knows how hard it can be to remember what page you were on if you have to close your book, so he came up with a really cute idea to make a “snowman” to help him hold his reading spot. If you would like a bookmark just like Bart’s here’s all you have to do:
What you need:
1 large craft stick
1 cotton ball
1 piece of ribbon
What you do:
1) Glue the cotton ball to one end of the craft stick about ½ inch from the top.
2) Fold the ribbon around the craft stick just under the cotton ball to make a scarf. Glue it in place.
3) Cut a hat shape out of your construction paper and glue it to the craft stick above the cotton ball.
4) Cut eyes and a nose out of your construction paper and glue them onto the cotton ball to make a face for you snowman.
5) Once your new snowman is dry, let him help you watch over your book and remember your spot until you can come back to the story!
Bart wanted you to know that he named his bookmark Fuzzy the Fluffman. He is also thinking about making a whole family of these guys and putting on a puppet show for his friends Craig and Fiddlebug just as soon as he’s done reading his new book!
Being a homeschooling parent for 13 years and an independent author/illustrator makes a person learn quite a bit about a lot of things. Now it's time to pass it on!