What you need
Lot’s of soap and water to wash you hands often. Raw egg can make you sick, so you want to make sure to keep your hands very clean throughout this project.
6 eggs (2 for the French toast, and 4 for the scrambled eggs)
½ cup Milk (divided)
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Apple Slices (optional)
Muffin Tin (you may also want to try using paper baking cups if you are worried about removal)
Stove and Oven (and a big person to use both)
2 Bowls (big enough to mix scrambled eggs)
Whisk or fork to mix eggs
Pan for scrambled eggs
Plates and forks
What you do
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Wash your hands very well.
3) Use the cooking spray to grease the muffin tin.
4) Break two eggs into a bowl and add about ¼ cup of milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well with whisk or fork.
5) Dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture, letting excess mixture go back into bowl.
6) Line one muffin cup with the dipped piece of bread leaving crusts to poke out around the edge. The bread may tear, but you can just squish it back together in the cup.
7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining bread slices so you fill the muffin tin. These are the French Toast Baskets.
8) Wash your hands well again while your big person puts the muffin tin in the oven.
9) Bake the French Toast Baskets for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are done.
10) While the French Toast Baskets are baking, break the remaining 4 eggs into a clean bowl and add the remaining milk. Mix well with whisk or fork.
11) Wash your hands very well while you have your big person add a small amount of butter to the pan and heat it on the stove.
12) When the butter is melted, add the egg mixture carefully. This and cooking the mixture into scrambled eggs may be a great job for your big person to handle.
13) When the French Toast Baskets are fully cooked, and your scrambled eggs are all done, have your big person remove the French Toast Baskets from the muffin tin.
14) Drizzle a small amount of syrup on a plate. Place a French Toast Basket on top of the syrup. Fill the French Toast Basket with scrambled eggs, and top the eggs with a little bit of shredded cheese. You can also add some sliced apples to the plate since they are so yummy and good for you.
15) Build French Toast Baskets on the remaining plates. Make sure everyone has a fork too!
16) Enjoy filling your belly with this wonderful creation!