What will your rock buddy be? Will you give it a silly name too? Here’s all you need to do to make your own and find out just how helpful they are!
What you need:
1 Nice Stone (flatter stones are much easier to draw on than stones with lots of points and bumps, but you should pick the one you like best)
Markers (regular washable markers work just fine, but remember, they may wear off over time)
School Glue (optional)
Googley Eyes (optional, but very fun)
What you do:
1) Really look at your rock. Does it remind you of a snail? Does it look like it should just have one big face on it? Maybe that one corner looks just like a puppy nose should be on it… and his eyes could go right there… and his big floppy ears might hang just like that…
2) Use your markers to draw your creation right onto the rock! Make sure to color it in so you have a nice and bright new rock buddy to help you out! (If you need help, ask your big person, they won’t mind!)
3) If you have some googley eyes or other special decorations, use the white glue to stick them on in the right places.
4) Give your new rock buddy some time to dry – it shouldn’t take too long. You can think up a name while you wait.
5) Now all that’s left to do is find your rock buddy some paper to hold down so you can make a beautiful work of art outside!
Mother Bat wanted me to tell you that Biff is a great help for her as well. She borrows Bart’s rock buddy to hold picnic napkins in place!