What you need:
A knife for your big person to use
One raw potato
A big person to cut a shape into the potato
An ink pad (remember, ink stains!) or try washable finger paint
Any kind of paper you want to use.
What you do:
1) Decide what shape you would like to stamp onto your paper.
2) Have your big person cut the potato in half in either direction. Just make sure that the white part is large enough to cut your shape into.
3) Ask your big person to cut the shape down into the white part of the potato about ¼ inch. Then they need to cut the outside of the potato away so you are left with a raised shape.
4) Put your potato on the paper towels so that the shape is down to help dry it off. You may want to let it sit there for a few minutes.
5) Hold your potato stamp by the part that is still covered in skin and press the shaped part against the ink pad.
6) Press your ink covered shape against the paper and lift it straight back up.
7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 until your paper looks just how you want it to!
Want some other ideas to use your stamped paper? Try stamping brown lunch bags. They are great to cheer up lunch time for anyone! You can also stamp plain paper to use as gift wrap. Use heavier card stock paper to make invitations for your next party or just to send a happy thought to someone you love!