What you need:
A big person to handle the stove part
Bread (2 pieces for each sandwich)
Butter or margarine (liquid or spray margarine is great for this one too)
1 banana for every two sandwiches
A skillet and spatula and a butter knife
What you do:
1) Spread a layer of peanut butter on one side of one piece of plain bread for each sandwich.
2) Spread a layer of marshmallow fluff on one side of one piece of plain bread for each sandwich.
3) Peal the banana; break it in half across the middle.
4) Stick your finger into the pointy end of one half of the banana. If you push just a little you should be able to break the banana into 3 natural sections along its length.
5) Lay 3 sections of banana on the peanut butter layer.
6) Lay the piece of marshmallow fluff bread gooey side down on top of the peanut butter and banana bread to make a sandwich.
7) Have your big person warm the skillet over medium heat on the stove.
8) Spread a thin layer of butter or margarine on the top of your sandwich. Flip the sandwich upside down and do the same with the “new top”. (If you are using spray butter, the “new top” is less messy for the big person to handle after the sandwich is in the skillet)
9) Now it’s the big person’s turn to brown each side of your sandwich in the skillet.
10) IMPORTANT!!! Let the sandwich cool a little before you try to eat it. Hot peanut butter and marshmallow can burn you!
Note: Mother Bat really meant Oooey Gooey when she said it! This can be a very messy lunch – but it’s worth the extra clean up!
Mother Bat knows that not all people can eat Ooey Gooey Fluffer Nutter Nanner Sammies, and doesn’t want anyone to think that she forgot about their allergies. She said that her class also really loves using marble cheddar cheese slices and granny smith apple slices in place of the peanut butter, banana and marshmallow fluff. Your bread choice is perfectly fine too. Cook this sandwich just the same and make sure to let it cool a little before you gobble it up! Oh, and Big People: This is a great recipe for any age; don’t miss out on it because you think you might be too tall!