Here are the directions for making your very own treasure chest:
What you need:
1 large shoe box
Enough plain paper to cover the shoe box
Glue or tape
A current picture of yourself
Crayons, Markers, Paints or Glitter Glue to label your treasure chest
Extra special treasures to put into your box
What you do:
1) Cover the shoe box with the plain paper. This way you can decorate the outside of the box too, and as you grow you can change the decorations easily. I suggest using tape to hold the paper in place, but glue will work as well.
2) Glue or tape the picture of yourself onto the top of the box. Next time you visit your box, you can see how much you have changed!
3) Fiddlebug calls his treasure chest “Fiddlebug’s Very Special Treasures” and wrote it in glitter glue, but you can name yours anything you like and write it on with your favorite writing utensil.
4) Now for the extra special part. Add things that are special to you (but that you can do without playing with every day) to your box. Your treasures could be anything! Fiddlebug keeps a paper boat that won 5 races, his forever snowman, sand Father Dragon brought home to him, some toys he really likes, a photograph, and other things that are important to him in his.
5) When you have your treasures safely snuggled into the box, close the lid and find a safe place to put the treasure chest until you want to revisit it!