What you need:
1 Empty Coffee Can (choose one with a lip at the top edge if possible – this will help rolling things stay in better)
1 Screw, a Screwdriver, and a Big Person (for hanging the finished project safely)
What you do:
1) Cover your clean, empty coffee can with your favorite construction paper (Fiddlebug wanted to make his look like a sun, so he used yellow and orange – feel free to make your own design!). Use a light coating of glue on the can to make the construction paper stick as smoothly as possible. You will need two pieces of construction paper for most coffee cans.
2) You can put the lid from the coffee can onto the bottom of the can if you like. It helps give a flat surface on which to glue the sun rays, and will also help protect your door or wall from scratches the can’s bottom may cause.
3) Fiddlebug used yellow smaller triangles and orange larger triangles to make sun rays. He glued all of the yellow ones on first. Then he glued the orange ones on so they peaked out between the yellow points.
4) You can use the scraps from making the sun rays as decoration on the can’s construction paper covering.
5) When you have decorated your creation just how you like it, let it dry. This may take a while, so it would be good to have something else to do while you wait.
6) When your sunshiny bin is all dry, ask your big person to hang it on your door or a good spot on your wall. One screw should do the trick and be strong enough to hold most small things.
(NOTE: If you decide to use any of the new non-damaging wall hangers instead of the screw, please be sure to follow the directions carefully. Mother Dragon had an unfortunate experience with one of those hooks and tends to not trust them quite as much anymore.)
7) Now all that’s left to do is try it out!