This is a great “together activity” since younglings need a big person to get everything ready before the fun building part starts.
What you need:
1 pizza crust – you can make your own, buy the refrigerated dough, or pick up one of the pre-made kind
1 package of cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese.
1 packet of dip or dressing mix – I used spinach and herb dip mix, but ranch or Italian powdered dressing mix works great too
Fresh diced or shredded vegetables – any kind you like. I used diced tomatoes, diced red onion, thawed frozen peas, and shredded carrots.
1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese. I used marble cheddar
What you do:
1) Mix 1 packet of dip or dressing mix with your cream cheese and set it aside.
2) If you need to bake your pizza crust, do so and let it cool. (This is a big person part.)
3) Ask your big person to dice or shred your vegetables and put them into individual bowls.
4) Put your shredded cheese into its own bowl too.
5) Once the pizza crust is cool, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over it.
6) Sprinkle each vegetable and the cheese over the pizza with your clean little hands.
7) Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours so it’s nice and chilly in time to eat.
8) Cut, serve and enjoy!
Mother Dragon wanted me to add that this is a nice recipe to play with so you can introduce your family to new vegetables in a fun way or just have something new and different each time! If you are more of a meat eater, try it with chicken or tuna salad instead of the cream cheese mixture. Try sliced strawberries or dried cranberries for something zingy – be brave!