What you need:
One apple with a stem for each person playing.
A door frame (or lower branch if you’re playing outside)
Tacks (unless you can just tie the yarn around the branch)
What you do:
1) Cut a piece of yarn for each apple so that it can hang at face level for your players.
2) Tie one end of a piece of yarn to each apple stem
3) Push a tack into the top of the door frame for each apple – space them far enough apart that players can move around their apple.
4) Tie the other end of the yarn in a loop and hook the loop over the tack in the door frame so each apple hangs at face level.
5) Players need to put their hands behind their backs and use only their mouth to catch their apple. (This is just as much fun for everyone watching as it is for the player!)
All three friends spent more time giggling than they did catching their apples, but once they got a good hold – Craig had to use his frog tongue since he doesn’t have teeth – they had a really great treat to snack on as their prize!