Mother Dragon has a clock in her kitchen that she uses all the time. It’s not a fancy clock, and it sort of stands out around this time of year because it’s so plain. Then the other day Fiddlebug surprised her by sprucing it up for the holidays! As you can see, there is no doubt about what time of year it is now! If you have a plain clock that needs some holiday cheer, here’s all you need to do:
What you need:
> A clock that needs some holiday dressing. (make sure tape won’t hurt it.)
> 15 green fuzzy sticks (once upon a time we called them pipe cleaners)
> Something to decorate the top of each tree shape. Fiddlebug used sparkly colored fuzzy balls.
> Glue Stick
> Fishing line or string
What you do:
1) Make a spiral out of each fuzzy stick.
2) Gently pull down on the outer curve of the spiral while holding the tightly wound inside end to form a cone shaped “tree”. NOTE: You may have to shape it a little bit to get it right.
3) Use the glue stick to attach the “tree” top decoration at the point.
4) Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 until you have all 15 done.
5) Tape the larger end to the outer rim of the clock at each number.
6) Tie pieces of string or fishing line to the tops of the last 3 “trees”.
7) Tape the free end of the fishing line or string to the bottom of the clock to add hanging decorations.
8) Count down the hours until Christmas!