Meet Rocky. He is my new little "helper" around the house. Mostly he helps me remember he is hungry and that I don't need as much sleep as I think I need. He is also awesome at reminding me that I should hold him and cuddle him and let him crawl all over me instead of doing anything else. We are still working on giving him the skills he needs to help me be able to get any of my own work done, but we are confident that he'll master them and I'll be back to "on schedule" in no time. Until then, isn't he CUTE?
Here is a little about Rocky:
1) We think he is about 2 weeks old.
2) His mom wasn't able to take care of him. She is feral, meaning she doesn't like or trust people, but she is brave enough to come look in our window every day to check on him. We tried to give him back to her, but she knows she is not able to meet his needs and runs away, so we are taking care of him and letting her know that he is okay. We took him on Sunday night after we found him.
3) Rocky learned how to drink from a bottle very quickly. We feed him special replacement formula for kittens. He drinks about a tablespoon at a time right now.
4) Both of his eyes have been open since yesterday.
5) He is an excellent climber. He even climbed out of the box we had him in before his eyes were open at all!
6) We keep a heating pad (set on low) in his box with him to help him stay warm.
7) We think he is also teething since he likes to chew on shirts and fingers. He also loves to climb up and bite my lip!
8) He likes to curl up between the back of Chance's neck and the couch and sleep.
9) He purrs.
10) We have high hopes that he will do well and grow up big and strong!
In other news, the proof for Sheridan Starswimmer has arrived! Now that I've seen it in print, I need to adjust a couple of color choices for the text and update my files for the printer. With any luck, Rocky will let me handle that during a nap this week sometime. Then, after one more proof check, I do believe we will be good to go! I know it seems a little bit long in the process, but this is pretty normal. Just a little more patience. We are almost there!
I hope your week is wonder filled and amazing!
Being a homeschooling parent for 13 years and an independent author/illustrator makes a person learn quite a bit about a lot of things. Now it's time to pass it on!